Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A year ago ...: 12 Days to Go: Snow, Baby Shower, Injera & More

I am so tired tonight, and Matt is at art class, and I have all my little kiddies in bed early and have just had a hot shower and am cozy in my pjs, about to enjoy a glass of wine, and then I realized that our social worker is coming tomorrow for our 1 year home study!  Crazy, and a bit of a bummer because our house looks like a lion chased a herd of wildebeests through it this afternoon, and that won't go over so well with the social worker.  But, that aside, I can't believe it's been almost one whole year since we were almost, almost ready to go get Ruby.  I was doing a countdown to the day we left on the blog, and I remember being so full of excitement and nervous anticipation for the trip and the baby and our new life.  So I decided to look back at the blog from this time last year, and it's so funny to read what I was thinking about.  It has proved quite prophetic, as I waxed poetic about how eager I was for the excitement of the adoption to wear off so that we could move into the mundane chores and life as a family part.  That's exactly where we are now, and, as predicted, it's a time of life that is filled with little moments and lots of work.  So anyway, here's what we were up to a year ago today ...


and then there were five ...: 12 Days to Go: Snow, Baby Shower, Injera & More: "This past weekend ranks up there with some of our best ever. For starters, we had a huge, beautiful snow on Friday night - unusual for..."

1 comment:

  1. How funny... I am in one of the pictures from your blog a year ago! That was the night before our FIRST homestudy and the first time we met y'all!
    We need to get together sometime soon to play!

    ReplyDelete