Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What day is it?

You know that great thing that happens when you are totally in vacation mode? Where you have no idea what day of the week it even is? That is where we are right now. We are in the catskill mountains, staying in matt's family cottage on a tiny lake where there is nothing to do but read, swim, eat, do crossword puzzles and look for little critters. The boys are in heaven and ruby is loving her first Clear Lake summer, even though - to be totally honest - keeping up with her busy body is putting a dent in my reading & relaxation time. Every summer when we are here, I vow to try to bring a little bit of the serenity and quiet of the lake home with me. It doesn't work for long, but it's such good medicine for the spirit.
Anyway, with no phone or Internet connection, I'm writing this while in town for provisions on my phone - not too convenient, so I'll write more when we are back home next week. Plus, the boys go back to school three days after we get home! Not that I'm counting...

2 comments:

  1. So glad y'all are having a (mostly) relaxing vacation! We leave for Cape Cod next week to do the same thing!
    Let's try to get together sometime after you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy-you had a busy summer!! Helen kind of put a dent in my relaxation at the beach-ha!! Hope to see you all soon!

    ReplyDelete