Saturday, January 23, 2010

21 Days to Go: A genius at work

Just look at what Matt has spent the day doing!  When he said that he thought he could finish out the wall in Ruby's room, I thought that might be a stretch.  When he said that he was going to turn the new wall into a giant tree that went up onto the ceiling, I didn't even know what to think.  He spent many a summer painting houses, so I knew he could paint the wall, and he's a great artist, so I knew he could paint a tree, but I had my doubts about the possibility that it would get done in time.  Poor Matt works so hard all week, then on the weekends he's usually back at the hospital at least once, takes many phone calls, plays with the kids, hacks down bamboo in the forest in our backyard, and indulges my need to reorganize our house all the time.  He really does alot, but somehow I'm always nagging him about some unfinished project or other, because I can be annoying like that sometimes.  So, anyway, I wasn't really expecting this awesome result, but I do appreciate it, and I know Ruby will love it.  I'll post a picture of the finished result when the tree has leaves.




2 comments:

  1. That looks great! What a guy!!! We are planning on putting trees on the wall in our daughter’s room too. We have sooo much work to do on her room before we go get her. We are still waiting on a court date, so we still have some time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! I had no idea you had such hidden talents, Matt! You were holding out on us all that time. - Rebecca

    ReplyDelete