Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Craziness!





Following a day of great emotion and thankfulness, today has been back to reality as I've spend hours upon hours on the phone and online trying to work out our travel arrangements.  I am getting close to booking it all, but I think I still have some kinks to work out.  Plus, I get extremely stressed buying tickets online - I have to check everything a million times to make sure I haven't entered the wrong month, or arranged to have us flying into a different airport than the one we left from.  So anyway, not such a fun day.  I have to keep reminding myself of the great reason for the stress, but I still don't like it.  Thanks again for all your kind words - we are so glad to be able to share it with everyone!  
Here are a few more cute pics.  The first is from the group of pictures they send us with the referral, and of course we fell in love with her bright eyes.  The second is more recent, and it fits with what they have repeated to us about her personality - apparently she is very fun and open with other children, but pretty wary of new adults.  In most of the pictures they have sent, she looks slightly annoyed with the person taking the picture.  Also, as is obvious, she is not 3 months old as my post from yesterday said - that was my inability to keep track of what year we are currently in whenever January rolls around.  She was born in October 2008, so she will be about 15 months when we bring her home.  Walking and talking and busy!

3 comments:

  1. So cute!! We can't wait to meet little Ruby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That is such a wonderful age! We brought our daughter Mimi home at 16 months old last year, walking & talking and LOVED every single second of it! And now we are waiting to be matched with a little sister... perhaps you will meet her when you are in Addis?! Once again, congratulations... she is a beauty! Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is such a cutie! Congrats to both of you (and Finn and Gus, too).

    ReplyDelete