Monday, January 24, 2011

Making Soup

Not a metaphor for anything, I'm just actually making soup all day today.  I found this wonderful (-ly easy) dumpling soup recipe, and I've adapted it a little, and all of my diners will be enjoying that tomorrow.  The house smells so yummy - ginger, garlic, shiitake mushrooms.  Ruby is resting, the boys are peacefully relaxing after school, the laundry is all folded and put away (by someone else, which makes it even better), there's plenty of diet coke and hummus (which I eat massive amounts of every day) in the fridge, and a sitter is coming at 5 so I can take Finn to basketball without losing my mind keeping up with Ruby during his practice.  I know, it's not the Four Seasons in some exotic locale, and I'm sure in a few minutes all hell will break loose and I'll regret having cursed myself by writing this, but right now, at this one moment, peace reigns and I'm having a happy mommy moment.  Hope you're having one too ...

No comments:

Post a Comment