Monday, February 8, 2010

5 Days to Go: I have started a bunch of posts, but can't seem to find time to finish any of them!

Today:
I spent over an hour on the phone with an airline adding Ruby to our return ticket
I stressed (and am still stressing) over the fact that we might not get a transit visa for Ruby in time to make our flight out of Addis on Monday
I packed some clothes for the boys
I bought more sippy cups in an effort to have all the sippy cups of the world
I wasted too much time watching the Bachelor
I talked to my bff Tara about adoption, car accidents, whether I needed to take multiple boxes of Wheat Thins, and other such important matters
I steered Finny in the direction of Paul Revere for his "Famous Americans" project (off of a list, not out of any in the world; plus, he wouldn't choose a woman because he does not want to have to dress up like a woman, which I think is a flaw in the assignment, because I see his point, but there were some pretty awesome women on the list)
I started a blog that I want to finish about how "lucky" is a funny word when used in conjunction with adoption

I did laundry (of course)
I got all of our travel prescriptions filled at CVS
I gave poor Matt a piece of my mind about a few things (but he agreed with me, so it worked out)
I went to a meeting at the Children's Museum
I drove two carpools
I talked to a friend that just had her first baby a week ago, and was thankful that my life, while busy, is not that hard anymore - night sweats & lansinoh are so in my past
I drank alot of coffee, but also a beer and a glass of wine (though at different times)
I ate some very delicious veggie chili made by Paige - even though I was previously trash talking & referring to chili without meat as soup, I was just kidding and it was excellent Paige!
I determined that the dog is going to have to go to the vet before we leave for some sort of non-healing wound on her foot that I have been too squeamish to investigate

But Tomorrow:
I must make the vet appointment and get her over there
I must do more laundry (of course)
I must spend more time on the phone with a different airline
I must resolve this visa issue
I must make sense of the massive amount of things that I think I'm going to take to Africa
I must remember to send some forms to school with Gus, but I keep forgetting, so I think I'll probably forget tomorrow too
I must figure out how to program this video game I got for the kids for the plane ride
I must go running
I must not keep spending hundreds of dollars on trip preparations, or we won't have any money left for the trip
I must differentiate between things that are necessary and things that might come in handy
I must sign the children up for soccer

(about 1/4 of the anticipated pile of stuff we are taking)

..........  is that it?  maybe.  so that's not so bad.  I can do all of that.  look how much more was on the list of things I did today.  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can ...........

2 comments:

  1. Wow girl...you remind me of...ME! Take care and breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to freely admit that I did not read this post. I saw that it was about packing and preparing and and my mind said, "NO! STAY IN DENIAL!" and I skipped to the comments section. Maybe in a few weeks I'll be ready. But for now I'm totally freaked out and will just pretend that everything is going to be fine...

    ReplyDelete