Thursday, April 15, 2010

Long week, but good

After I wrote last week about losing sweet Lucy, I was sort of drained of all emotion for a while.  So that was good, but whenever I thought about writing something, nothing came to mind.  Matt and Gus had gone out of town for four days up to Boston where Matt had a conference and Gus got to spend time with all the Giegs, so Finn, Ruby and I were just here on our own all weekend.  The weather was awesome, and we basically spent all of our time in the yard, planting things (me), filling buckets with water and mud (Finn), and drinking mud/water smoothies (Ruby).  It was a perfectly quiet, lazy couple of days, and even though we missed Matt and Gus, it was good to have so much quiet.  They had a great time up north, and came back on Tuesday with lots of stories and pictures of their adventures.

In the meantime, I started trying to write a little update on our struggles with various food issues, since so many people have asked me about it ever since I wrote about Ruby being sort of a crazy person when it comes to food.  And then, of course, the more I thought about it, the more I feel like there is to say, so it's going to be a work in progress.  As I thought and tried to write about everything, it just became very obvious that I have at least as many of my own hang ups with food and everything that entails as Ruby does.  It's always so fun when your kids make you realize how screwed up you are!  Love it.  So I'll keep working on that, and eventually post something that might make sense, but in the meantime, Ruby is doing so well and seems a little less anxious about food in general.  We did backslide a little this morning, however, when I observed her using the palm of her hand to shove two-thirds of a large banana into her mouth in one bite.  Next time, slices.  Slices people!!

This weekend, Matt is off with the boys for a big daddy/son camping weekend with their Adventure Guides group, so Ruby and I are heading down home to Texas.  In Texas, of course, we will gorge ourselves on Mexican food and bar-b-que.  And so it goes...

Here are some recent photos of the gang!



Easter Morning!


Finding eggs in the bamboo teepees.

Soccer Gus.


Watching soccer & enjoying a snack - perfect!


Building sandcastles in NH with Daddy.


Joyful Gus!


The boys at the beach.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to learn about Lucy (I missed that somehow). And I am so totally jealous that y'all are going to Texas! Say hi for me! And eat LOTS of Mexican food! :)

    ReplyDelete