Sunday, April 25, 2010

Random Things I Think About

Now that I have started this blog, I find myself thinking about things to write from time to time.  Most of them fizzle, either because I realize I don't have that much to say about them, or because life moves so fast that by the time I have a skinny minute to sit down and write, the idea has vanished from my mind all together.  So then I was thinking, I should just make a list of things I'd eventually like to write about, and then when my kids are all grown up and have moved away, I'll have something to do.  I see it now - I'll be 85, living with all of the cats that seem to keep being born under our guest house, shaking my head at all the fast ways of the modern world, writing about a bygone era when we had to "switch the laundry" and we all thought that George Clooney was quite the fox.

Anyway, this week I am going to write the teasers - I am going to try to do one a day, but you'll have to wait till 2060 for the full posts.

A Long Day ...
Why is it so hard to find a balance between "not busy" and "too busy?"  I know I am a pretty restless person, so I don't like to have too much down time, but on the other hand, I hate rushing from one thing to the next, feeling like chores and problems are piling up in my wake.  Yesterday - a Saturday, we had one of those days where we all left the house at 9 am for Gus' soccer game, and we didn't return to the house until 6 pm.  We were going from one thing to the next, switching cars, driving, eating out of bags, celebrating 7th birthdays, consoling a child whose hands only touched the ball one time in his flag football game, changing diapers in the back of the car, and on and on and on.  And in a way, it was great, but by the time I got home, I was exhausted and irritable.  I want my kids to be able to be on sports teams if they want to, and go to friends' birthday parties, and support our neighborhood by attending street festivals, I just wish I could figure out a way to do it all without running everyone into the ground.  So hopefully sometime between now and 2060 I can figure out a way to make this happen.



And now for some pictures:


Gus as goalie, Finn as goal-coach


Ruby wants the camera!


Almost there ...


Gus has been refusing to "take a haircut" for several months now.


"When will the football game be over??"

1 comment:

  1. Heehee--you just reminded me that I need to go "switch the laundry." I guess that's my cue to stop blog reading!

    ReplyDelete