Friday, May 28, 2010

I did drink too much ...

but the day was fun once it was over.  By the time I dragged myself down the street to our neighbor's house yesterday at 5:30, I was exhausted and had logged many hours in the car.  As predicted, my presence at Finn's picnic went largely unnoticed, but it was still good to see him in his element with all his buddies playing and having fun.  We had a great time at Gus' picnic, where Ruby discovered a new passion - the slide.  The rest of the afternoon was a bit of a haze of driving and making food for the party, but we made it to everything relatively on-time, and I was rewarded for all my hard work with a very strong cocktail that involved gin, blackberries and muddling.  In full disclosure, I did do some yelling during the day, and Ruby did not get a nap all day except when I carried her on my shoulder as we rushed through a grocery store to buy the shish kebobs I was supposed to have made for the party.  But hey, learning to be flexible is all part of the adventure, right?

Here's all the evidence of the fun:



Finn (in green shorts) celebrates a good beach volleyball move.

The thrill of the slide!


Going back for more ...

And more!

Happy cake face!

4 comments:

  1. I love it!!!! Look at those fat baby legs!!! Daniel is losing his and it makes me sad. Love your blog. Wish we were neighbors.

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! So glad the day went well! And that blackberry thing sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those fat thighs and the cake face. Your kids are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those thighs are scrumptious!!!

    ReplyDelete