Saturday, May 1, 2010

Random Things, Part IV: Get with the (ladies) program, Home Depot!

Is This 2010 or 1960?  Why is there not lawn equipment made for women?  Why do lawnmowers have to be so hard to start with handles that reach up to my chin?  I mean, there are plenty of single women who own homes, married women who enjoy yard work, and even teenaged girls who might like to mow yards for pocket money.  I would like a push-button start and a slightly smaller mower, a weed whacker with a shorter handle, and a hedge trimmer that isn't so heavy that I can't lift my arms the day after I do the bushes.  So, Toro, if you're listening, get on that please.


I really enjoy gardening, and I don't mind doing maintenance yard work like weeding, edging, mowing, etc, but I admit that the equipment wears me out.  Lugging around a hedge trimmer, a heavy extension cord, trying (usually unsuccessfully) to start our old lawnmower, leveraging the weight of the weed whacker with my arms - it's just too much.  And I'm not a tiny person, but it's so annoying to see how easily Matt can tote all of that stuff around while I struggle with just the set-up portion.  I just feel that this is one major area in our society where the products have not caught up with the times.  Partner with Susan G. Komen, build some lighter, cuter, pink mowers and whatnot, and I'll be first in line.


Update:  Star Wars Birthday Party


It was great.  The kids were awesome, so well-behaved even while running wild in the yard shooting water guns at each other, and no one got hurt.  That was pretty much my only goal for the party, so I can call the whole event a success.  And Finn had fun too.



No comments:

Post a Comment